Wednesday 4 December 2013

Where to Save Your Money on Makeup Products

                                         
So the holidays are just around the corner, and we all need a little extra cash for gifts, wine, food, winter expenses,wine, wine and maybe some mulled wine. So here is a list of swaps you can do in your makeup bag to give you a little wiggle room!

 PFFFT! Honestly...I don't even by Dior Mascara anymore it's Voluminous all the way, price isn't a factor.

 Only Problem With Garnier...can be slighlty sticky and has fragrance. Would set with powder on T-zone in summer months, winter you will probably be ok as most skin is drier anyways.

 In the wise words of Wayne Goss: " You can do a lot more with bad makeup and good brushes, than with good makeup and bad brushes." Real Techniques are amazing they are designed by a UK makeup artist who knows her stuff. The price is so affordable, I have bought multiple sets in each collection for my kit. Any other brush at this price point I have seen is garbage. So go real techniques or splurge on prestige brushes.

 Maybelline takes a little longer to set then Bobbi Brown, but if you give yourself an extra 30 seconds after drawing on your eyeliner - this will become your go to for gel liners. Sorry Bobbi - price isn't even a factor this, Maybelline just delivers.

Umm..serisously? I could hardly tell a difference when I picked up this NYX primer compared to the UD one I had been buying. I also buy the NYX primer in white ...another product that stays in my pro kit for under $10.00! Amazing!


Prestige Total: $208.00
Smart Girl Total: $62.00
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! AMAZING. $146.00 in savings. That sounds like a lot of eggnog to me!

Let me know if you would like a where to buy, or have any other drugstore products that captured your heart and saved your wallet!

Thanks for reading!

xx
sj
www.bastarachebeauty.com



No comments:

Post a Comment